Provincial Planning and Development Office
- Formulate integrated economic, social, physical and other development plans and policies for consideration of the local government development council.
- Conduct continuing studies, researches and training programs, necessary to evolve plans and programs for implementation.
- Monitor and evaluate the implementation of the different programs, projects and activities in the local government unit (LGU) concerned in accordance with the approved development plan.
- Analyze the income and expenditure patterns and formulate and recommend fiscal plans and policies for consideration of the finance committee of the LGU concerned.
- Promote people participation in development planning within the LGU concerned.
- Exercise supervision and control over the secretariat of the local development council.
- Preparation and implementation of the Provincial Development Fund programs/projects.
- Preparation of the Annual Accomplishment Report of the Province.
To be an effective and efficient department in helping the LGU attain its goals and thrust, and provide better quality service.
Occidental Mindoro Provincial Planning and Development Office of Occidental Mindoro is an Organization handled by competent, people- oriented, committed, pro-active and innovative staff, equipped with updated capabilities to generate and utilized a vast array of information and technology to propose to stakeholders appropriate socio-economic, physical, cultural and environmental development frameworks and able to work harmoniously with other local and national government functionaries towards attaining the provincial government’s mandate.
We, the officials and employees of the PROVINCIAL PLANNING AND DEVELOPMENT OFFICE pledge to deliver efficient and equitable public service to all clientele as stated in this Citizens’ Charter. Specifically, we will: Serve with integrity, impartiality and professionalism. Attend to clients’ concerns courteously and without delay. Work according to the eight-hour standard working time, or beyond when the need arises. Be presentable at all times by wearing proper office attire and identification. Provide feedback system to assess quality of service rendered and make necessary improvements. Provide comfortable waiting areas and frontline personnel to attend immediately to clients’ queries.